For over 50 years, Embry Hills United Methodist Church has been a active and supportive part of our community. Having gone from being in the outskirts of Atlanta, to the home of ‘spaghetti junction’ between Doraville and Tucker, Embry Hills continues to change and evolve, and EHUMC along with it.
Offering outreach and mission activities to those in need in our community, as well as giving opportunities for activity, involvement and volunteerism for community service to those who may still be seeking a church home, EHUMC welcomes all to receive or give through our various activities. Read about our regular, on-going activities and check our seasonal events and announcements for other opportunities.
Join us as we make the world and our community a better place.
Support & Nurture programs address the mental, emotional and spiritual needs of our members and the community. Spiritual and emotional comfort takes many forms, even outside the scriptural word of the Bible. Secular-based programs of support for families and children in need are doing God’s work and tending to His children of all ages.
- FOCUS: FOCUS offers comfort, hope, and fun to children and teens who are medically fragile or have significant developmental and/or physical disabilities AND their families through a variety of programs, including parent support groups, workshops & conferences, community respite care, summer camps, adapted swim team, teen & young adult activities, family camps and activities. FOCUS is proud to partner with many churches around metro Atlanta, including Embry Hills UMC, where we offer Extra Special Saturday respite once monthly and one week of Camp Hollywood, a summer day camp. For more information about FOCUS, please visit www.focus-ga.org or call 770-234-9111.
- Learn more about Rainbows, a program for children experiencing grief and crisis.
T people who make up Embry Hills UMC are members of the local community as well as the Church. We engage in many activities to support the local community and those in need. Whether you participate as a practice of Christianity, or from another religious or philosophical point of view, you’re welcome to join us in our many community service activities.
- Learn about Snax Sax and how you help.
- Join us on Wednesday evenings for Cafe del Soul
- Read bout the Thrifty Store run by our Craftmen
Your body is a temple. Man does not live on bread alone…nor Scripture alone. So, get off the couch (or knees bent in prayer) and get moving! The longer and healthier you live, the more good work you can do for the Lord.
- Blood Drive: Embry Hills hosts regular blood drives in conjunction with the American Red Cross. Check the announcements and calendar to see when the next opportunity to donate is. While you’re there, ask for information about EHUMC to read.
- Get out your dancing shoes and learn about our Line Dancing program.